Friday, February 04, 2005

A drive through the Central Coast

Just got home from watching Sideways at the artsy theater near work. Glad I finally saw it before the Oscars. Next week, I'll See Ray, so the only Best Film nominee that I will not have seen by then will be Finding Neverland. Having seen three of the five, my vote would go to Million Dollar Baby.

My (limited) thoughts:
* An actor friend of mine is getting married soon as well. Thank God (wait, I'm agnostic...) he's loyal and honorable, or I'd have to kick his ass.

[NOTE TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN SIDEWAYS...DO NOT READ BEYOND HERE]

* Thomas Haden Church (Miles)...when I detest someone in a movie...I know they did well.
* There is a scene where Paul Giamatti (Jack) and Virginia Madsen (Maya) are discussing why they like wine late at night on a porch. As Jack describes his love of pinot, you realize how lonely and sad he is. Lost in life and loved by none. Though as Maya describes why she loves wine, Jack sorta wakes up and gets a glimmer in life in him.
* Usually, I am mostly disappointed in endings. Not here folks (knock knock, fade to black...)...and I called it! Love when I do that!

No comments: