Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just read: Wine and War

Last week, I watched Downfall and was intrigued to read a book that I picked up a couple of months ago: Wine and War: The French, the Nazis, and the Battle for France's Greatest Treasure. I studied French in high school and have begun buying some nice CdP wine so thought it was time to learn some history and mix it up with my new passion. For those that don't know much about the wine country of France, this is a great historical guide to learn about the various regions and some of the "big" houses of Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne. If you like wine, history, or both...you'll be happy to read this. I have a copy if interested!

Next up: Bobos in Paradise (well...I have about 30 pages left...so not really next up). Thanks for the loaner copy, Michael!

No comments: