We're hosting our semi-annual Technology Horizons Exchange this May 23-25. Clients, research affiliates, and a collection of noted scientists and researchers will get together to hear IFTF's latest research findings and exchange thoughts. Beyond the Horizon: Science & Technology in Ten, Twenty & Fifty Years will focus the evolution of science and technology, both in terms of research milestones and practice. The content is based on a large project we're working on with the British government's Office of Science and Innovation Centre for Horizon Scanning, which was started a couple years ago by the government's Chief Science Advisor, Sir David King. It also draws from a survey of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Fellows that we recently conducted.
Confirmed speakers/panelists include:
- Larry Smarr, director of the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology
- Kevin Kelly, author of Out Of Control and a founding editor of Wired
- Drew Endy, MIT professor and "open-source biologist"
- Fran Berman, director of the San Diego Supercomputer Center
- Ken Goldberg, UC Berkeley robotics professor and IEEE Fellow
- Saul Griffith, co-founder of Squid Labs