Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Spending mid-week in Monterey

I'm spending a couple of days in Monterey for one of our health conferences. I arrived last night at the hotel and spent some time enjoying the Tuesday nightlife with a couple of friends who live in the next town over. Today, the conference started and our meeting room is adjacent to Monterey Bay. The doors have been open all day and even though it's been raining on and off, it is still a great place to host an event. Nice to hear the barking of sea lions, the cries of seabirds and the rolling of the waves waft in during the presentations. We are on a break right now...the cocktail party starts at 5pm, followed by dinner. Not sure when I'll get to bed...but LOST (yes, I'm an addict) starts at 9pm.

The last time I stayed at a beachside resort was for a conference in Huatulco, Mexico, years ago (1998?). It was too hot while there, but an excuse to have the employer at the time pay for my first jungle golf adventure (lost 24 balls in the round), go scuba-diving for the first time and eat tons of octupus cooked in a myriad of ways.

No comments: